Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Mar 6, 2010

Yummy Banana Pancakes

My kids will eat bananas, yes, even my picky eater, Miss Leah. But every once in awhile they'll get tired of them real fast. I still want them to eat healthy, so I decided to find ways to sneak in fruits and veggies into things they normally eat. I made these pancakes the other day and my kids seriously kept asking for more! Love it when that happens! :)

  • 1c. flour (I used white, but next time I wil do half whole wheat)
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 c. milk
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 bananas, mashed

In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, milk, oil and bananas. Use 1/4c. of the batter for each pancake.

Now time for some notes! ;)

If you have a bigger family you might want to double the recipe. I made this for me and the kids and we had it for breakfast 2 days in a row, with not a whole lot left. My kids asked for more though.

Instead of mixing this by hand, I blended it all in my blender. If not the batter will be lumpy because of the bananas. I wanted it all smooth...so much better!

Be careful not to cook the pancakes on too high of a heat, they can get dark really easily with the centers not be "done" all the way.

2 comments:

More Than Words said...

Banana pancakes are my favorite, but my kids prefer the regular.

I'm going to use this recipe for myself though..lol.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

These sound great! :D You ought to see if you can find whole wheat pastry flour. It is lighter than regular whole wheat. :D

Swidget 1.0